Monday, January 30, 2012

February

I'll be doing this...


...during the month of February.  But not only will I be posting a picture, I'll write something with each photo.  This will be my inspiration.  In my boring day to day life, I will find the inspiration, I'll awaken myself to the details, the things I overlook each day.

I'm working my writing muscles here.

This is my way of forcing myself into the practice.  Prose, dialogue, poetry, personal essay, a freakin' haiku.  This is my daily exercise for the next month. And I'll let the words of Ray Bradbury linger in my mind as I go:

“What can we writers learn from lizards, lift from birds? In quickness is truth. The faster you blurt, the more swiftly you write, the more honest you are. In hesitation is thought. In delay comes the effort for a style, instead of leaping upon truth which is the only style worth deadfalling or tiger-trapping.”

Would you like to join me?

2 comments: